The first step in becoming a foster parent is to attend a VisionQuest orientation. After hearing about the ins and outs of fostering a child, you will need to complete the state mandated foster parenting training.
VisionQuest provides information sessions and the required PS-MAPP and Deciding Together training.
All you need is a big heart, a desire to make a difference, and:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be single, married, partnered, or cohabiting
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Be willing to participate in a home study
- Be knowledgeable, stable, mature, and have nurturing skills
- Be willing to complete foster parent training
- Demonstrate financial security and space in your home
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide references
- Own or rent an apartment, house, manufactured, or mobile home
"There are several agencies to choose from in Tucson and after meeting with several others, I am happy that I chose VisionQuest as my licensing agency"
"Talk to VisionQuest about foster care, they will get you through the process as easily as possible"